Home Topic The journey to reggae keyzie
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    User AvatarJohannes Zerr
    Participant

Hello,
    I’m new to the site and I am very happy to have discovered the -Art of Reggae- website. I am currently testing it extensively and am thrilled. Although I have been playing the piano for a very long time, I started with Piano Course 1 and have learned a lot there as well. So I will be very happy to stay with it beyond the test period and dive deeper and deeper into reggae. Now I have 2 questions.

1) Course 1: Basic Theory, Lesson 3 is it called at min.2 the Augmented triad -1 b3 #5- but it must not be called -1 3 #5-.
    2) I would very much like to learn the bubble (shuffle) in reggae. Is there a tip how I can train the left hand (upbeat) better, so that it doesn’t sound so spongy and out of tune.

I would be very grateful for that.
    Otherwise I am happy to be there.
    Many greetings,

User AvatarMatt Jenson
    Keymaster

Hi Jonathan,
    We’ve been in touch through Email. Thanks for pointing out that slight mistake on Basic Theory course, lesson 3. I’m fixing it now!
    I hope you saw my email saying that the Organ Course 1 dives very very deeply into playing the BUBBLE. There’s a little about it on Piano Course 2 but you generally do not play the bubble on the piano. Check that organ course and let me know what you think!
    Matt

User AvatarJohannes Zerr
    Participant

Hello all,
    at the moment I am working with Piano Course 1. it is a lot of work to play through all scales and arpeggios. With the drums only play along to the triads then from Minor Triad but the piano plays along that is a pity with other keys. I am glad that it is slowly progressing.

User AvatarJohannes Zerr
    Participant

Hello Matt,
    The organ course on the bubble is very good and detailed. For me as a beginner it is only very difficult to move the left hand in the shuffle so that it grooves. It would be nice to have an exercise to practice just that. I stay tuned.

User AvatarMatt Jenson
    Keymaster

Hi Johannes,

This is a great idea! I will do a One Shot lesson on this as soon as I can! In the mean time, play along to some of the practice loops with just your left hand shuffling. But bear in mind, that is implicitly somewhat difficult. You’ll probably notice that when you add your right hand playing the chop that the LH shuffle will get easier to play. They naturally work together. (This is also true when you switch hands.)

This, no doubt, will be discussed in the above mentioned one shot.

Keep on …..BUBBLIN!
    Matt

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Select the fields to be shown. Others will be hidden. Drag and drop to rearrange the order.
  • SKU
  • Rating
  • Price
  • Stock
  • Availability
  • Add to cart
  • Description
  • Content
  • Weight
  • Dimensions
  • Additional information
Click outside to hide the comparison bar