Home Reply Reply To: Getting that Hammond sound

ONLINE REGGAE KEYBOARD & GUITAR LESSONS Forums Reggae Organ Getting that Hammond sound Reply To: Getting that Hammond sound

User AvatarMatt Jenson
Keymaster

Hi Angela,

As for two keyboards. To be honest, these days I mostly only use the Nord (I have a Stage 4) and use splits, sometimes even 3 way splits. Mostly I have the organ bubble sound on the left side and piano for chopping on the right side and that will cover what I’m doing. I have some splits where I have the left hand piano (chop) and various lead synth sounds on the right side. Some 3 way splits I have the piano in the middle, left side organ and right side lead synth sounds. I also have a bunch of dub pads with all kinds of effects programmed in on the patch buttons on the lower level so I can be playign the organ LH/piano RH patch and quickly hit the dub pad patch for dubwize/riddim sections and get back to the organ/bubble patch lightening quick.

However there are times where the music is a bit more complicated and it’s easier to have the main keyboard on the bottom with just piano, just organ, or with the organ/piano split while the keyboard on the top will have lead sounds, dub pad sounds, clavinet, and perhaps horn sounds. Also there are times where I will bubble with the right hand (and chop with the left) and often times I’ll put the organ bubble on the top keyboard for right hand bubbling….switching quickly to say horn parts, or lead parts….or dub fx stuff.

Make sense?

Select the fields to be shown. Others will be hidden. Drag and drop to rearrange the order.
  • SKU
  • Rating
  • Price
  • Stock
  • Availability
  • Add to cart
  • Description
  • Content
  • Weight
  • Dimensions
  • Additional information
Click outside to hide the comparison bar