Home Topic live sound amplification

ONLINE REGGAE KEYBOARD & GUITAR LESSONS Forums Reggae Organ live sound amplification

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    User AvatarDavid Perrin
    Participant

With the group I’ve been playing in (2 guitars, bass, drums, singer + me), I’ve been running the output of my keyboards (stereo capable Yamaha CK-61 + a midi controller) into a small Spark 40 guitar amp. The volume output hasn’t kept up well with the rest of the group. The guitars and bass have their own amps. The singer and some percussion goes through a PA – as does a Yamaha CS (small keyboard) that one of the guitar players uses. At our last practice, I ran into the PA – great to hear myself. But wow, it was far too much keyboard in the room mix. Our rehearsal space is garage-sized but we hope to play out in smaller clubs.

Is there anything out there in amplification that is particularly suited to or popular with reggae keyboardists? I have been looking at the Roland JC-40 and various powered speakers (Yamaha DBR12, Alto TS412). I’m open to bass, keyboard, guitar amps, too – but would like to keep it to under 50lbs. Thanks!

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Select the fields to be shown. Others will be hidden. Drag and drop to rearrange the order.
  • SKU
  • Rating
  • Price
  • Stock
  • Availability
  • Add to cart
  • Description
  • Content
  • Weight
  • Dimensions
  • Additional information
Click outside to hide the comparison bar