Home Reply Reply To: Triad chord fingering: 1 3 5 vs 1 2 4

Home Version Four Forums Basic Theory Triad chord fingering: 1 3 5 vs 1 2 4 Reply To: Triad chord fingering: 1 3 5 vs 1 2 4

Matt Jenson
Keymaster

Hi Patrick,

Glad you’re liking Art of Reggae. It’s a work in progress and will get better and better!

Wow, now there’s a problem I’m not sure I can help with. You’re going to have to pioneer new fingerings for the scales and even the bubble chords with your left hand. I would think playing chords with the missing finger would be easier than trying to play scales in unison with your right hand. I do remember some many years ago injuring one finger on my right hand and I had to tape it to an adjacent finger(maybe it was a middle finger to the ring finger) and had to play a jazz gig. I found the challenge to inspiring actually as it forced me to play differently than I had ever before and at least in the jazz realm that worked. I was glad to get the use of the finger back however(!)

I didn’t mention this in any of the videos but sometimes I bubble (LH) not hitting any chords at all but just kind of punching any notes in that proper bubble range to just get a percussive sound and that can work great.

I don’t know if this is of any help but those are my thoughts at the moment. Let me know what you might come up with in doing the scales.

Select the fields to be shown. Others will be hidden. Drag and drop to rearrange the order.
  • SKU
  • Rating
  • Price
  • Stock
  • Availability
  • Add to cart
  • Description
  • Content
  • Weight
  • Dimensions
  • Additional information
  • Attributes